Welcome to the Watchtree Nature Reserve website
Border Astronimical Society presents a guide to the galaxy, solar system and general star gazing evening at Watchtree on Friday 13th December 7pm - 9pm. Please note this is a slight change to the originally advertised event re 'Comet Ison' which has recently dissipated since its course close to the sun! Led by experts in this field. Cost £2 Watchtree Members/Border Astronomical Members and all under 16's £4 otherwise.
Walk off the Christmas pudding. 11am - Friday 27th December. Everyone welcome.
Watchtree 2014 Calendar.
A fabulous Christmas present or simply a 'must have' in the kitchen?
Only £5 each + £1.20 postage
Of course you can collect your copy
from the visitor centre at £5 each
Recent visitor feedback
- "Children had a great time" - teacher at Maryport Junior School
- "Hi Tim, we would just like to add our thanks for the courtsey shown to our group on our recent visit to Watchtree Nature Reserve" - Furness U3A Bird group
- "I'd just like to let you know how much we enjoyed the moth night - we are complete novices and found it extremely enlightening. The lady (Liz) was very informative and has inspired us to learn more about moths and become 'moth-heads' " - Dan Metcalfe and family
- "Everything was epic" - children from Maryport (Sustainable Maryport Project)
- "Tim thankyou for the pond dipping....next time add a tree house in the woodland" - student at St Michaels School
What we do: School based environmental education, orienteering courses and sessions, children holiday activities, Watchtree Wheelers and cycle hire, self service cafe, bird hides, conservation management, volunteering (every Wednesday at 10:30am), John Muir Award....and much more. Pop into our visitor centre and read about Watchtrees' fascinating history....from Border Reivers to World War Two airfield.
Tim Lawrence (Manager) email@example.com