Welcome to the Watchtree Nature Reserve website
Navigation workshop (just a few places left!)- fun, map rading, more fun, compass work, more fun, some more navigation techniques and then more fun! booking essential (email@example.com). Saturday 29thMarch 10:30am - 3pm. £10 per person includes all kit, light refreshments and certificate.
Border Astronomical Society. 'Open night' see the stars, constellations and much more at Watchtrees' dark skies! Tuesday 4th March 7pm. FREE donations appreciated.
Recent visitor feedback
"Hi Tim, thanks so much for yesterday we had a great time and many of the group said its been the best day of their programme so far" ISPIRA TEAM - Carlisle College
- "Children had a great time" - teacher at Maryport Junior School
- "Hi Tim, we would just like to add our thanks for the courtsey shown to our group on our recent visit to Watchtree Nature Reserve" - Furness U3A Bird group
- "I'd just like to let you know how much we enjoyed the moth night - we are complete novices and found it extremely enlightening. The lady (Liz) was very informative and has inspired us to learn more about moths and become 'moth-heads' " - Dan Metcalfe and family
- "Everything was epic" - children from Maryport (Sustainable Maryport Project)
- "Tim thankyou for the pond dipping....next time add a tree house in the woodland" - student at St Michaels School
What we do: School based environmental education, orienteering courses and sessions, children holiday activities, Watchtree Wheelers and cycle hire, self service cafe, bird hides, conservation management, volunteering (every Wednesday at 10:30am), John Muir Award....and much more. Pop into our visitor centre and read about Watchtrees' fascinating history....from Border Reivers to World War Two airfield.
Tim Lawrence (Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org